Sheridan House Museum
1870 - Original house constructed.
1901 - Hugh Sheridan bought the Ashuelot Manufacturing Company and the house.
Sheridan funded several renovations to the house. He added the wraparound porch and an ell on the back of the house. The ell included a maid's room, a laundry room, a half-bath, and a walk-in refrigerator.
1996 - The Town of Winchester transferred the deed of the house to the Winchester Historical Society. The historical society named the house the Sheridan House Museum. Using extensive volunteer labor, the historical society is engaging in major restoration of the house. See more information and pictures by clicking the "The Restoration" link.
May 9, 2006 - The New Hampshire Preservation Alliance presented the Winchester Historical Society Sheridan Museum an award for outstanding preservation achievement. Many thanks to Rene Brewer for her hard work in making this possible.
Members of the Restoration Team